ECAM has a minimal cad editor.
You can create basic drawing or refine imported geometry.
The feature available are :
- DXF / DWG Importing
- Drawing Tools
- Smart Dimension
- Move / Translate / Rotate / Scale
- Trim / Offset / Chamfer / Fillet
The available drawing tools are :
- Regular Polygon
- Arc Slot
- Coordinate List
To simplify the drawing there is a snap system, that allows tracing with other points already present in the drawing.
See the image on the below to better understand the concept
While drawing , holding down the [CTRL] key activate the angular snap, instead holding down the [SHIFT] key activate the grid snap.
- Hover with mouse cursor on arc / circle entity .
- When the nearest snap icon show up, click on that arc/circle entity.
- Now go with the mouse cursor on other arc/circle entity and click when the same snap type is visible.
This works both with segment and arc , see the video below.